If you’re looking to increase the profits of your eCommerce website There are usually two paths that you can choose to take. One is to gain new customers. The other is to boost the value of each order you receive from existing customers. The first requires an enormous amount of marketing efforts and investments. In contrast the second option could be easily implemented with just few modifications to your website.
When you show your customers a more superior version of any product they already purchase You can not only improve your order value, but also let customers to enjoy a better experience that they were not aware of. This is known as upselling.
In the same way, by showing them products that can be purchased together, it can increase your sales when they buy more than one product from you. This is known as the cross-selling.
Research has proven that cross-sells and sales are 68% cheaper than the process of acquiring a new client which makes this approach an effective way to increase the revenue of your business.
That’s the reason WooCommerce has built-in options to allow you to upsell and cross-sell products. But, these built-in features don’t offer the flexibility and scalability that a lot of customers require. This is the reason there are a variety of third party WooCommerce extensions have come up to perform the job. A lot of them have gained a lot of attention due to their distinct features. in this article, we’re going to look at seven of the best Cross-Sell and upsell plugins.
The first plugin we have on the list of plugins is WISDM Custom Products Boxes. This plugin lets you sell your products more through the creation of bundles of products which can be sold as different bundles. This way, you can present your customers products that are related together in a box that can lead them to purchase an entire set of items instead of a single item.
The most important attributes of this plugin are:
- A frontend box customization tool which is able to alter the design and layout of boxes for products.
- You could also permit your customers to build bundles of their own
- Make money recurring through subscriptions to bundles
- Fixed or dynamic prices for each bundle, based on the products that are included in it.
With these functions, you can make almost any type of bundles that you can offer on your website to sell your products on the way they mix with each other.
The price for WISDM Custom-designed product boxes start at $79 per year but there’s also a long-term option that costs $199.
YITH is well known name in the world of WordPress plugins. They offer a variety of themes, plugins, and other items to enhance our websites. One of these is a plugin which displays the products that are typically purchased with each other on your product pages , to increase cross-selling.
Below are its most important characteristics:
- Fully customizable – alter image size or link text, the placement of the widget and everything else you’d like to alter.
- Join products according to your preferences and edit the entire array from the same page;
- Create groups of items automatically using the information of cross-sales and upsales on your website
- Choose the discount you want for the purchase of all your products
This plugin is ideal for you if you’re using one or the additional WooCommerce plugins made by YITH.
You can purchase it at $69.99 for the year.
Beeketing can be described as the eCommerce automated platform which creates many products specifically for eCommerce websites, and one of it is a set of over 10 WooCommerce extensions that allow for a variety of functions on your website. The extensions are put together into a single plugin can be installed easily and when installed, it will aid you with your upsells and cross-sells.
Here’s a quick overview of its main highlights:
- AI enabled cross-selling functions, so you don’t need to build the groups of products yourself
- The final step of upselling on the cart page to increase your sales right before the customer is about buy something
- Recent orders notifications have helped increase customer confidence and stimulate cross-selling
- Many other options (i.e. personalized suggestions, email marketing by mailbot and countdown timers for shopping carts and more.)
Beeketing is available for download at no cost, but it has limited capabilities. If you wish to access all features, you need an expensive license. It starts at $8 per month, and can go up to $49 per month.
Created by the creators from WordPress and WooCommerce This plugin was created by the developers of WooCommerce and WordPress. It is an official service by Automattic to assist us in upselling and cross-sell our items. It is based through the Cart page and the items you’ve chosen to display for upsells will only be displayed in the Cart page of your website after a particular item that is linked to them has been included in your cart.
Here are a few of the main benefits from this plug-in:
- Simplicity. It’s a breeze to install this plugin and to learn the ropes mostly due to its straightforward operation. It’s not packed with a myriad of styles for popups and dozens of location locations that means you can modify it in a matter of minutes.
- Three different kinds of products you can create to upsell: Add-ons with a Category link that display products that are in the similar categories and Product linked add-ons which show the products that have been defined by you and default add-ons which are available for all products that do not have a matching add-ons identified for them.
- The title of the section can be customized and so is the number of products displayed.
- Solid support and compatibility. Since it’s created with the team who creates WooCommerce it is compatible with each update that comes out of WordPress or WooCommerce. If you encounter problems it is possible to count on the support and assistance provided by their fantastic team.
The cost of this plug-in is $29. for the year.
As with the other plugins on this list it can be used to serve the function of upsells and also as cross-sells. It is also a good tool for downselling (showing the lower-end variant of the product in case people aren’t keen on the top-end product) to ensure that you receive at least some profit from your most frequent visitors.
Other functions of the plugin are:
- Create bundles of products and sell them with a set discount
- Your offerings should be by analyzing various parameters, including cart value, status, quantity of products and content, categories, etc.
- Maximize the value of your cart by displaying the last-minute discount product to cross-sell
- Keep track of your conversion metrics to get more insight into how your efforts to sell are working.
It is also possible to run “Buy One Buy One, Buy One’ ( aka BOGO) type of deals with this plugin.
The cost of Smart Offers begins at $99 per year.
It might not be as well-known as other plugins listed on this list, but the WooCommerce Boost Sales plugin from VillaTheme is among the most effective plugins you can purchase to help cross-sell and upselling your product.
Below are a few of its most important features:
- Three distinct criteria for choosing a product Popups of products selected by you, items that are in the same category or commonly purchased with one another
- Product bundles that are designed for mobile phones as well as computers which can be set up in different locations
- It syncs with WooCommerce. This means that if your previous made upsell products on WooCommerce, it will recognize these products and allows you to make them upsell pop-ups
- Add to cart function based on AJAX that allows you to add upsell products to the cart without refreshing the site.
The plugin is priced at $30 for the year.
Another product that was developed by the designers of WooCommerce and WordPress. But, this one is distinct from the Cart Add-ons plugin in that it allows you to increase your cross-sales by suggesting products that are based on user behaviour.
Check out its details below to discover what makes it different from other options:
- Based on user behaviour, it suggests recommendations. This isn’t the typical cross-sell software – it proposes products to buy by analyzing a person’s view and purchase history, in addition to analyzing what products are purchased by your customers.
- Two widgets are available include the Recommended Products widget as well as the Purchased Products widget
- Many locations in which you can put the widgets
- Deep integration Deep integration WooCommerce and ongoing updates.
The price of WooCommerce’s Recommendation Engine starts at $79 per year.
WooCommerce’s Order Bump Offer Pro shows order bumps at checkout. Customers can apply this offer to an existing order by checking a box without going off their checkout. Administrators can choose simple and variable products or subscription products or categories to display discounted offer bumps on orders for the relevant items of interest. It also comes with 3 custom templates that help retailers develop responsive design designs for their offers.
- Special Offer – On Checkout Page
- Multiple Order Bumps
- Order Bump Behavioral Analytics
- Order Bump Sales Reports
- Support For Major Product Types
- Only a single click to take the deal
- Target Product Category For Triggering Bump Offers
- Smart Skip If Already Purchased
- Smart Offer Upgrade To Boost Average Order Value
- Create Product Specific Bump Offers
- Bump Offer Sandbox Mode
- Schedule Bump Offers
- Create Unlimited Order Bumps
- Responsive Offer Design
- Template Customization using Live Preview
That’s why we have compiled a list of the 7 top WooCommerce extensions that cross-sell or upsell you can add to your website to increase revenues. As we mentioned in the introduction of this post, it’s much easier and more efficient to boost the value of your average order than to attract new customers. Once you’ve learned about the tools that will assist you in implementing this strategy Why are you wasting time still waiting on? Begin cross-selling and upselling your products right now by using one of these extensions . Share your experiences in the comments.